24 Oct Important Signs It’s Time to Replace Your Windows
Winter is just around the corner—is your house ready? Windows are one of the most prominent focal points of your home and can completely transform its wow factor. From a more pragmatic standpoint, windows can also greatly affect your home’s energy efficiency. According to energy.gov, heat gain and loss through windows are responsible for 25-30% of residential heating and cooling use. In short: Your old windows are costing you money.
However, because of the initial investment, replacing windows can also be one of the most overlooked and difficult decisions for homeowners. If you’re unsure of whether or not your windows should be replaced, the following signs will help determine if now is the time:
- If they have any cracks, damage, gaps or are warped
- Paint is flaking off the frame
- If they fog up and can’t be wiped clean
- Your energy bills are high
- If your windows are over 20 years old
- If they are difficult to open or can’t open at all
- You feel a draft around the window in cold weather
- You can easily hear outside noise
- Carpet, furniture and window treatments have started to fade
- You’re renovating a historic home
Not only will new windows immediately boost your home’s curb appeal, but you can also look forward to lower energy bills. New windows can also protect your furniture, artwork, and window treatments from harmful UV rays.
If you need assistance with determining whether your home is ready for this upgrade, Sunbelt Glass can help. With over 20 years of experience with windows and other glass design solutions, we understand that each project is unique whether it’s for your home or business. For more information on windows or other design projects, please click here.